Hello on one of the last days of 2016! To keep your party-ready tummies happy I made some 10 min bacon, prune and halloumi party roll-ups. Want some?! Pop in! Or if you can’t, get rolling! My bacon, prune and halloumi party roll ups are quick and easy to make and can be sizzling next to your glass of New Year’s eve bubbly in no time.
BACON, PRUNE AND HALLOUMI PARTY ROLL-UPS – easy snack idea
These flavoursome, juicy babies are made with only 3 ingredients: sticky bacon, halloumi cheese and some lovely, sweet prunes. You can also spice things up by adding a clove of pickled garlic. Hello, healthy and flavoursome!
You’ll also need 2 hands, 10 minutes of time and a nice hot oven. About 190C will cook your bacon, prune and halloumi party roll-ups in 20 min, but feel free to bump the temperature up to maybe 200C for crispier bites instead.
Putting these roll-ups together couldn’t be easier.
Simply place a piece of cheese, 1 prune and 1 pickled garlic clove at one end of a strip of streaky bacon, pick it up and roll toward the other end. When done push a toothpick through your roll-up to hold things together.
Repeat until all bacon, prune and halloumi party roll-ups are rolled up and ready for baking.
Hot bacon, prune and halloumi party roll-up? Anyone? Yes, please!
For me it was a love at first sight! Pardon me. Bite! Here is why these little roll-ups have pretty much everything you could ask for from a party snack/appetizer:
- Bite-size – perfect!
- Nice and hot – which is always welcomed at any party. Served hot, soon after cooking is definitely what I’d recommended for best flavour and texture.
- Sweet – thank you, healthy prune!
- Salty – thanks to any party’s best friends: bacon and cheese. BTW. Use halloumi. Don’t use cheddar, it will melt completely and make a mess.
- Satisfying – oh yes! Although only a bite-sized, the texture of my bacon, prune, halloumi party roll-up is quite dense and 2 or 3 pieces will really make things feel just right in any partying tommy.
- They work great as an accompaniment to any drink – nothing more to add here!
Happy New Year parties everyone!
- 10 pieces of streaky bacon
- 10 prunes
- 10 pieces of halloumi cheese (cut into 1”x2”x1/3”)
- 10 pickled garlic cloves
- Preheat oven to 190C (375F).
- Place a piece of cheese, 1 prune and 1 pickled garlic clove at one end of a strip of streaky bacon, pick it up and roll toward the other end. Push a toothpick through this roll-up to hold things together.
- Repeat until all bacon, prune and halloumi party roll-ups are rolled up and ready for baking.
- Arrange the roll-ups on a dry, non-stick baking tray and bake for 20 min.