With the Valentine’s Day just around the corner, I thought it is the perfect opportunity to share my favourite recipe for homemade Chocolate Dipping Sauce. It might come in handy if you choose to spoil your other half to chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert!
If this combination sounds like an easy option – you are absolutely right, my friend. It is quick, easy, no fail and absolutely delicious.
This super smooth sauce has a phenomenal, deep, chocolate flavour and can be ready in under 10 minutes!
So, easy or not, if your partner likes both, the chocolate dipped strawberries combination could be a perfect dessert idea for him or her on Valentine’s Day.
Strawberries + Chocolate Dipping Sauce = Rrromance!
I mean, c’mmon.. to chocolate lovers this basic equation is what the world is based on.
You can make it the day before and safely reheat in a microwave or on a stove, or you might want to impress your other half by putting on a little show as he or she is rinsing the strawberries. And that’s the start of a great team work! My friends, team work is what makes the world go round.
And on Valentine’s day the Strawberries with Chocolate Dipping Sauce!
So, what does make this homemade Chocolate Dipping Sauce so good?
The answer is BUTTER. And cream (or milk). And sugar. AND cocoa powder! How could there ever be anything wrong with that?! It moans sticky, velvet smooth love and romance. I could swear that every time cocoa powder, butter, sugar and cream are put together in one bowl a little bell rings and the chocolate angels sing in the chocolate harmony up in the chocolate heaven.
So here, once again, in a nutshell, are all the reasons why you should make chocolate dipped strawberries with my homemade Chocolate Dipping Sauce your Valentine’s Day dessert choice:
- It’s homemade – that always means so much more. You know what I mean!
- It’s quick – it takes 5 minutes to make.
- It’s safe – it’s not a chocolate fondant or parfait or even a simple cake – NOTHING can go wrong! Put it all in a pan, let it melt and it’s ready!
- You can tweak it your way by adding a bit more sugar, vanilla, or maybe some orange peel or replace the regular cream with the coconut cream (like in the Tipsy Vegan Chocolate Mousse)
- It can be made in advance and reheated in less than a minute, just before serving.
- “AWHH, SO GOOD! DID YOU MAKE IT?! YUMM… ” – and that’s priceless!
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ cup (8 tbsp) caster sugar
- ¼ cup (4 tbsp) cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s cocoa powder)
- ⅓ cup (6 tbsp) milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp fine orange peel/paste
- Place all ingredients in a pan and allow for butter to melt on a slow heat. Using a hand whisk or a silicon spatula, stir the butter with other ingredients so it all combines well together. This will only take a few minutes.
- Allow your Chocolate Dipping Sauce to bubble for as long as the sugar need to dissolve completely and your sauce become silky smooth.