Fresh Tomato Salsa is my joyfully juicy dipper I want the whole world to know about, share and enjoy whenever possible. It’s the sweetheart of the best Mexican party with the most refreshing zing and palate pleasing flavours. Bring it on Mexico!
Start your alfresco Spring party with my 15 minutes Fresh Tomato Salsa
3 fresh tomatoes and a piece of sweet bell pepper, a bit of raw garlic (yeay!), a generous squeeze of lemon or lime juice, plus 15 min of sharp knife work and we’re home my friends! Add some jalapeno, sprinkle of cilantro and spring onions, wild garlic or garlic chives and salt & pepper to bring the real taste of toms out. So simple, so delicious!
Get a handful or two of your favourite dipping chips or biscuits, a bowl of my Fresh Tomato Salsa and dive in! Enjoy and share. Or not:) Keep it all for yourself. That’s all right. I understand!
It is so easy to customise this salsa with a bit more of a jalapeno kick or even some other chilli pepper. Add more onions or garlic if you like. Whatever you do go with fresh ingredients. This is what makes it so special, especially in the Springtime. Make it fine, make it chunky – whatever your salsa loving heart desires!
How about some fresh mango or pineapple to add some sweetness to your Fresh Tomato Salsa? Anything goes, as long as you like it. I like it simple and medium spicy. On its own or on a side of grilled fish, over fried chicken breast or black beans. How are you going to have it?
- 3 plum tomatoes
- 1 fresh garlic clove - minced
- 2 tablespoons raw shallot
- 1 small jalapeno pepper - ribs and seeds removed
- ½ yellow bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves
- 3 tablespoons lemon or lime juice or more to taste
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- ¼ cup fresh mango or pineapple
- Dice or chop all the ingredients to desired size and mix together in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 min to allow flavours to marry together before serving with your favourite chips, over tortillas, tacos, burritos, pinto or black beans, or with chicken or fish.
Looking for other amazing dip and condiments ideas? Check out my no fail 5 min Spicy Avocado Sauce (SUPER popular on Pinterest!), Roasted Garlic and Lemon Hummus or a simple and super delicious Garlic Dip!