Honey Teriyaki Chicken Drumsticks recipe is my takeaway style dish dedicated to all of you lovely people, who enjoy finger licking and lip smacking sweet and salty Teriyaki sauce. Frankly, it is so yummy you can pour it over anything you fancy: fish, chicken, noodles or pasta, rice – go for it! Today chicken drumsticks are my choice.
Thank you Japanese friends for creating and sharing the beautiful teriyaki sauce with the world and please forgive me for plunking my garlic in it, but it works! And I love it.
To keep things balanced I added honey. Lots of honey.
Lots of honey plus garlic and ginger is what we all should have more of in our diet, because of their amazing health benefitting properties. It’s like a health boosting antibacterial and antiviral syrup punch in one meal! It tastes delicious, it’s good for you and today it comes in a great little meal of Honey Teriyaki Chicken in under 1 hour. What’s not to love about it?!
How you make Honey Teriyaki Chicken Drumsticks
To make my Honey Teriyaki Chicken you first coat the drumsticks in a little olive oil, sprinkle salt & pepper or your favourite chicken seasoning mix, as you would normally do it before baking. Then, while the chicken is baking, simply whisk the sauce ingredients in a pan, bring it up to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
The last step is to spoon the sauce over the chicken and bake it for another 10 minutes. Simple, isn’t it?
Honey Teriyaki Chicken is sweet and salty, it has lovely ginger, garlic and sesame notes playing nicely together and the honey is a real star and complementing this savoury dish.
It is the healthiest takeaway style dish you can make at home with ease.
Try it and let me know how you like it!
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1-2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger - grated
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 ½ tablespoons corn or potato starch or thickening granules
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Coat chicken parts in olive oil, season with salt and pepper or your favourite chicken seasoning mix. Arrange the seasoned chicken on a baking tray and bake for 35 minutes or until skin starts to crisp up and turns golden brown.
- While the chicken is baking, whisk all sauce ingredients in a small saucepan, bring it up to boil and then simmer covered for 5 minutes. You’ll notice that the sauce will start getting thicker after a little while - that’s fine.
- Remove the tray with chicken from the oven, spoon the teriyaki sauce over and return the tray back to the oven. Bake at the same temperature for 10 minutes.