I guess we all experience days when we have either too much to do to produce anything proper to eat or simply no desire to cook at all, but another take-away or sandwich is just one too many. And this is when a couple of simple, 15 min Kidney Beans and Garlic Spinach Tacos are the way to go. Why?
- They are seriously nutritious! We are talking proteins (beans) and a nice punch of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants (spinach, tomatoes, avocado, parsley, garlic) here, my friends. Full package!
- They are light yet release their energy slowly and will keep hunger at bay until the next meal. I’m talking about the kidney beans especially – really amazing and I am looking to have more of these natural, vegan proteins in the future.
- They are really quick to make. And I have said that right at the start, because let’s be honest: The first 2 points wouldn’t matter that much if the recipe took an hour to make and you have literally 15 minutes for lunch!
15 minutes lunch: Kidney Beans and Garlic Spinach Tacos!
So, what you need is four 6 inch tortillas to hold the filling in, a big bunch of spinach, ½ red onion, 1 garlic clove, 1 large tomato, 1 avocado and some cheese. I went with brie this time and boy, it tasted amazing! If you happen to have my 5min Spicy Avocado Sauce or the Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing Everything Sauce, awesome! Both sauces complement these tacos.
Saute the onions and garlic, mix in spinach and let it cook down. While the spinach is wilting down, chop tomatoes, slice avocado and brie into thin pieces. Now assemble: spinach first, then kidney beans, top it up with avocado, cheese and toms. Drizzle the sauce over and you’re good to go! Quick, a little bit messy, but really tasty and nutritious Kidney Beans and Garlic Spinach Tacos are ready. Enjoy! And if you liked them share the love on FaceBook or pin this recipe on Pinterest!
- 4 tortillas (six inch tortillas)
- 4 tablespoons kidney beans (canned)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium, red onion - chopped
- 1 garlic clove - minced
- 1 bag fresh spinach
- 2-3 tablesoons of fresh parsley leaves - chopped finely
- 1 medium tomato - chopped
- ½ avocado - sliced thinly
- 4 slices of brie cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a deep wide pan, saute garlic with onions in oil until onions are cooked and soft (about 10 minutes). Mix in spinach and let it cook down.
- Drain the excess spinach juice and spoon the spinach evenly between the 4 tortillas.
- Top each tortilla with a tablespoon of drained kidney beans, chopped tomato, slices of avocado, brie and lots of fresh parsley.
- Season with salt & pepper and drizzle the lemon juice or one of the sauces over.