Hello lovely people! Young cauliflowers have now started sticking their curious tops of heads up and this means happy days of cauliflower everything! Masala Cauliflower with Garlic Butter Breadcrumbs is on the menu at mine, but if you’re not into Asian spices, try my super clean and healthy Skinny Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce for your pasta or my partner’s favourite: Cauliflower Cheese. Both with a touch of garlic because cauliflower loves garlic and so do we!
So, I’ve been making the Masala Cauliflower with Garlic Butter Breadcrumbs for pretty much forever and I don’t really know why it took me so long to land it on Garlic Matters. Well, it’s here now and I really hope you’ll like it.
Plain, boiled cauliflower with simple, crisp, buttered breadcrumbs was one of my favourite summer meals, especially during college. Vegetarian, warm, light, quick and absolutely delightful boiled cauliflower is one of these student memory food lanes I will always remember!
Over time I started experimenting with different seasonings and spices, as you do, and one day it was garam masala that landed in the pan. Bingo! The sweetness of cauliflower with the beautiful earthiness of cardamom, cloves and cumin especially, reveals how much more a plain and delicate in flavour cauliflower can be. So, so good!
SIMPLY DELICIOUS MASALA CAULIFLOWER WITH GARLIC BUTTER BREADCRUMBS
For my Masala Cauliflower with Garlic Butter Breadcrumbs recipe you will need 1 teaspoon of the nice garam masala blend. You can make it yourself based on this simple recipe or use the ready one available in most supermarkets and spice shops.
Masala Cauliflower with Garlic Butter Breadcrumbs recipe takes only 30 minutes of your time and it can become a fabulous side dish to go with pretty much any non-seafood related main course. If you love cauliflower as much as I do this recipe can also give you 2 satisfying main meal servings.
- 1 cauliflower head (about 600g)
- 2 pints water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup fine breadcrumbs
- 90 grams butter
- 1 garlic clove - minced
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Cut cauliflower to bite size pieces and boil until it just looses the crunch in water seasoned with salt and sugar.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, melt the butter in a deep pan, on medium heat.
- Add garlic, breadcrumbs, garam masala blend and stir constantly until the butter and breadcrumbs start to bubble. Keep stirring and let it cook for further few minutes, until the breadcrumbs start turning darker brown. Turn the heat off.
- Drain the cauliflower well and toss it with the breadcrumbs and butter mixture. Serve hot.