Say “hello” to my filled with juice of the summer Pomegranate and Beet Salad!
Powered by a sensible dose of raw garlic this salad is how a great fusion of superfoods in one bowl is really spelled.
I can’t say I have a sweet tooth when it comes to cookies and regular desserts, but sweet and juicy salads like Pomegranate and Beet Salad are right up my alley! I love the crunch and the natural sweetness coming from every mouthful. It took me a while to take pictures for this recipe because I kept ruining the composition by dipping into the bowl with my delicious, pink salad.
Pomegranate and Beet Salad = healthy meal in 30 min
Pomegranate and Beet Salad recipe contains only 1 raw clove of crushed garlic, which for me is plenty enough, but you can easily spice things up if you are after a stronger garlic kick!
Don’t forget though that raw garlic has much more pungency than when it’s fried, blanched or stewed!
Needless to say, both, beet & pomegranate are high in antioxidants, which are so important to our health and well-being ( I wrote more about beet in the Roasted Garlic and Beet Soup) post. Pomegranate and Beet Salad is packed with vitamin C, potassium, fiber and many other tokens of good health. Could it make you look at these two pink fellows with more love and encourage to include them in your diet on more regular basis? Try it and see for yourself!
If you feel inspired by the pomegranate fruit and would like to try another amazing salad have a look at Des’s blog and her Spinach, Arugula, Almond and Pomegranate Salad – yum!
- 8 boiled beets
- 500 ml Greek yoghurt
- 1 raw garlic clove, crushed
- 2 pomegranate fruits, seeds only
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 bunch of chopped mint
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Wash beets well under running water, halve and boil in plenty of water until nice and soft, but not mushy, for about 20 -25 min.
- When beets are cool enough to handle, peel and then slice roughly and mix in a big bowl with the other ingredients.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve cold or at room temperature.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.