In no particular order, here is my selection of some delicious garlic recipes and interesting articles published last week on the web I handpicked for you:
- In the honour of Halloween garlic quite rightly landed on Mike Lascelle’s list of superstitious plants. Good to know – thanks, Mike!
- Here is a really tasty looking version of stuffed rice balls known in Italy as Arancini. I only tried them for the first time a few days ago and I have to admit, I am in love! These delicious rice balls have the most amazing, delicate and moist texture, with a lovely, melting surprise in the middle, which will make you come back for just one more again and again, and again… so good!
- Fun and easy way to make bite-size pizzas in a muffin tin in only 25 min from Nagi – found on RecipeTin Eats.
- If you have not planted your garlic yet, it is not too late! Whether you want to grow garlic in pots or in the soil of your garden, it really is an easy thing to do. Make sure you buy your garlic seed from a reliable source – the supermarket bought garlic is not suitable! Rebecca, from Abundant City posted a very useful, short video explaining how to plant garlic. Good job, Rebecca!
- This simple and tasty breakfast of asparagus and eggs on toast with garlic and fresh oregano butter sounds just divine! It’s on my list of recipes to try before the Easter, mainly because of the addition of the fresh oregano. I can almost smell that aroma!
- This really must be one of the easiest way to chop garlic I found on Cooking Light.
- With the cold & flu season on its way it is worth to think about some simple, home-made and natural solutions. How about the garlic, wine and thyme drink? Sounds a bit odd, but when you think about it, it makes sense. Garlic has great antiviral and antibacterial properties and I remember as a child drinking this garlic, milk and honey mixture – the most revolting flavour, but does the job well.
- Interesting article about the new research that reveals the health benefits of taking garlic supplements.
- ‘Garlic soup that’s in a rush’ article from Martha Rose Shulman with her recipe in NY Times reminds me a lot of another, great, recipe for Sopa De Ajo, which I wrote about a while ago.
- This Matzo Ball Soup with Black Garlic recipe from Michael Solomonov sounds just amazing! Indescribable flavour of black garlic is haunting me ever since the Salmon with Black Garlic Glaze. The intensity of this expensive ingredient creates a very fine line between making a dish containing it taste great and ruining it with too much of black garlic.
- And the last, but not least, although it might seem totally random: on 7th November 2015, at 7pm an Indonesian version of Cinderella known as A Tale of Garlic and Shallots will be performed at Brunei Gallery Lecture Theatre in London – free entry! The main character’s name is indeed Garlic 🙂
That’s it for the last week’s Garlic Matters News roundup! Stay tuned for another delicious garlic recipe coming your way on Tuesday.