Cinnamon Apple Overnight Oats With Cashew Black Garlic Milk is a delicious vegan breakfast packed with wholesome goodness. Yup! You got it right the first time and it is not what you think it is! Black garlic has no kick or pungency! Instead it offers you a powerhouse of antioxidants and amazing balsamic, chocolate, nutty and caramel flavour puzzle I bet you’ll want more of! No garlic breath, only amazing tasting breakfast. Kick start your day with this pure and healthy energy free of gluten, dairy and refined sugar.
Breakfast Cinnamon Apple Overnight Oats With Cashew Black Garlic Milk Surprise
My Cinnamon Apple Overnight Oats might come to you as a surprise. It did to me! Back in time I wouldn’t even eat breakfast! But, hey! People change as their habits do.
Apart from eggs florentine, banana bread and sourdough pancakes, I don’t believe I have ever shared a breakfast recipe on Garlic Matters before. It might have had something to do with the fact that it used to be an easily skippable part of my daily routine.
After quitting hospitality I had to teach myself a new routine which would include going to bed before midnight and eating breakfast. I am glad that these days I am able to start my day with a bowl of such an amazingly tasting Cinnamon Apple Overnight Oats, knowing that it will not only truly nourish my body, but also give me the pure energy to get on with things without the feeling of bloating or heaviness.
I totally appreciate the fact that, if you haven’t been following Garlic Matters so far, the biggest surprise might in fact be the indication of garlic content in this clearly breakfast recipe.
Yup. You got it right. But hear me out my friend! Cinnamon apple overnight oats wouldn’t be as delicious and healthy if it wasn’t for this peculiar addition!
The reason I am telling you to put black garlic in your breakfast bowl is because:
- Black garlic is absolutely packed with antioxidant – it contains at least twice as much antioxidants as raw garlic. Black garlic is of course completely free of the raw garlic’s famous kick and pungency and it does not give garlic breath.
- Black garlic is super tasty and work great with fruits (fresh and dry), chocolate, various spices, nuts and rich sauces – raw or cooked. It has a very mild garlic flavour dominated by umami, balsamic, dark chocolate and caramel notes with a texture of supercharged, posh sultanas!
- It adds luxurious richness and bags of deliciously moreish and puzzling flavour.
I really do hope that this little recipe will hopefully motivate you to make a wholesome breakfast to enjoy first thing instead of gluten, dairy or refined sugar packed usual suspects. You’ll feel energised, satisfied and fresh. Promise! No heaviness or bloating, pure energy and goodness first thing! Only fabulous mornings from now on!
- 150ml cashew milk (any non-dairy milk like almond or similar will do)
- 2 tablespoons cashew nuts
- 2 black garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (you can use honey or agave nectar instead)
- 40g rolled oats (about 6 tablespoons)
- ½ teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 small, sweet and juicy, cored, but with skin on on, coarsely grated apple
- 1 teaspoon almond butter, ½ teaspoons flax seeds, 1 teaspoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon of fresh berries or/and 1 teaspoon of other seeds of your choice to serve like: pumpkin, hemp, sunflower seeds etc.
- Using a smoothie blender or similar, process milk, cashews, black garlic cloves, cinnamon and maple syrup until well combined and pretty much liquidised.
- Place oats, chia seeds, raisins and grated apple in a bowl along with any optional ingredients listed above and pour the milk mixture over.
- Using a spoon, mix it all together and leave the bowl covered overnight in the fridge.
- First thing, before you shower and start getting ready for your day, remove your oats from the fridge and allow to come to room temperature if possible before eating. Top up with extra seeds or berries and enjoy!