Happy Garlic Free Friday to All!
Today expect nothing less, but a burst of joy and freshness. This is how I always feel with the first mouthful of Crab, Avocado, Tomato and Spinach Salad! It is a simple recipe with only a handful of super healthy ingredients – it tastes absolutely amazing and can be put together in 10 minutes. Pretty perfect to me! 🙂
Fresh, juicy, creamy Crab, Avocado, Tomato and Spinach Salad
There aren’t many salad recipes that get me as excited as the Crab, Avocado, Tomato and Spinach Salad. The reason? Simple: I put only my favourite ingredients in it.
Um… excluding garlic and oysters. And also the asparagus… and mangos, sea bass, Brie, Parmesan, goat’s cheese, honey, lobster, mushrooms, pistachios, monkfish, strawberries, chocolate…(did I say garlic?)
Ok, agreed! Some of my favourite ingredients. A handful in fact, but they do play together so nicely!
You might have read about other salads I like (Root Vegetable Salad, Beans, Tuna, Dills and Bell Pepper Salad, Avocado and Tomato Quinoa Salad, Kale, Mango, Caramelized Garlic Salad… ), but the Crab, Avocado, Tomato and Spinach Salad is the lightest and the juiciest out of them all.
Crispy spinach, juicy toms, delicate crab meat and wonderfully creamy avocado topped up with a healthy (or less ) pinch of salt and generous squeeze of fresh lemon juice…
C’mon! Does it get any better than that?! Sorry, can’t help drooling!
I can’t quite say which of the ingredients makes this salad stand out from the crowd for me, but the easiest way to find out for you is to try it.
A little note about the garlic salt as an optional ingredient:
Although, Crab, Avocado, Tomato and Spinach Salad does not contain any garlic (and it is a Garlic Free Friday post), it is a perfect example of a dish which, without any hesitation, I would season with garlic salt instead of the regular one.
So, if you are like me and like to know where your food comes from and how it is made, check how to make homemade garlic salt here. I’ll give you some heads up on this subject: once you make garlic salt yourself, you will not go back to the shop bought one!
- 230g (8 oz) white crab meat - I used crab claws
- 2-3 handfuls of fresh baby spinach leaves
- 3 plum tomatoes - sliced into a bite size pieces
- 3 Hass avocados - peeled and sliced to a bite size pieces
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or more to taste
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp chives - chopped
- 1 tbsp basil - chopped
- salt & pepper to taste (my garlic salt works beautifully in this recipe!)
- wedges of lemon to serve
- In a big bowl, whisk oil with lemon juice, pinch of salt and pepper, add spinach leaves and toss them in this simple dressing until the leaves are well coated.
- Add avocado, tomatoes, crab meat, chives and basil into the bowl with the spinach, mix gently, season with extra salt and lemon juice and serve.