I know, I know… Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing Everything Sauce Recipe might sound a bit bizarre to you at first, but you’ll be surprised how well this simplified yet flavourful recipe works with a bunch of steamed veggies or a fresh tomato and cucumber salad.
So, yes, there has actually been a very good reason behind the funny name and this dressing slash sauce is indeed pretty much everything sauce.
First of all I must stress that this Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing Everything Sauce Recipe does not contain anchovies, but you are welcome to add 1 teaspoon of anchovy paste or 2 canned anchovy filets. I personally am not big on the little fish, so I left it out!
Secondly, this sauce has no raw egg yolks and this allows for a longer shelf life.
Thirdly, my Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing Everything Sauce Recipe is sour cream based and for that reason there is enough freshness and acidity to make steamed or fresh veggies taste like a milion dollars. So yes, it scores high on the everything creamy sauce scale!
Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing Everything Sauce Recipe dish ideas
- As you can see on the pictures I used it over steamed broccoli and it worked just beautifully.
- You can pour it liberally over any green salad, crunchy, soft or juicy, fresh veggies to add the perfectly salty and cheesy twist, because it is full of Parmesan cheese.
- Pizza? Oh, yes please! Drizzle as much as you want of it regardless of the toppings you have on it. It will work great with the meat ones and the veggie ones, even over a plain margarita.
- Sandwich? Absolutely!
- Burgers? Burritos? Tacos? Yes! Yes! Yes!
- Use it as a dip if you like – you can’t go wrong with this mega simple recipe at any party!
- Blend it and enjoy within minutes, but if you can leave for half an hour for the flavours to marry together.
Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing Everything Sauce is made with 6 roasted garlic cloves, but if you are in a rush and can’t make roasted garlic there and than, simply mince 1-2 small garlic cloves and use them instead of the 6 roasted ones.
- 6 roasted garlic cloves or 2, small, fresh minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan Cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3-4 turns of pepper grinder
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste or 2 anchovy fillets
- Using a food processor, blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Leave for 30 minutes in refrigerator before serving if possible.