Looking for an idea on how to use leftover turkey? Try my favourite Leftover Turkey Corn Chowder! This recipe is an easy-peasy way to reinvent roast turkey leftovers into another tasty and nutritious meal. 20 minutes. 3 steps. Lunch is ready!
As in most years, most of us will face a leftover turkey dilemma. We’ve worked hard enough to put a feast on our tables for all to enjoy, making sure that there is plenty enough for every mouth. But how to use up cooked and probably at least once reheated roast turkey leftovers? Resourceful cook’s work never ends!
My friends, any Thanksgiving or Christmas leftovers can be turned into another delicious meal! Ironically, sometimes even better than the original version! Last year I chose Coronation Turkey, this year it is a healthy, leftover turkey corn chowder. Light yet full of sweet and savoury roast flavours. Simple and delicious!
Leftover Turkey Corn Chowder = easy, 3 step, 20 min recipe
This soup can be put together in under half hour and with only a handful of ingredients.
Onion, garlic, ginger, celery, canned coconut milk, vegetable stock and some frozen corn is what goes in the pan together with some diced or shredded turkey and roasted veggies like carrots and potatoes. There are bags of concentrated flavour locked in your roasted veggies and it would be a total waste to bin them just because they don’t look super firm and fresh anymore.
Soften the onions and celery in a saucepan, add ginger garlic and then add everything else. Bring it all to boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Job done!
You didn’t expect things to be as easy as that, did you? You’re welcome! It doesn’t have to be a hard labour to make things taste amazing, even if you’re using leftovers!
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon of finely grated ginger
- 1 celery stick, diced
- Splash of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 400-600ml vegetable stock, depending if you use 1 or 2 cups of roasted veggies
- 400ml coconut milk
- 300g frozen, yellow corn
- 5oz (140g) shredded or diced turkey meat
- 1-2 cups roasted vegetables like carrots, parsnips, potatoes, brussel sprouts etc., diced
- Fresh parsley leaves to serve, chopped
- In a deep and wide saucepan, soften onion and celery in olive oil and butter (about 10 minutes). Mix garlic and ginger in and allow to sizzle for a few minutes before adding all remaining ingredients.
- Bring everything to boil, turn the heat down and allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes or so before adjusting the seasoning and serving your delicious soup with some crusty bread.
Like it? Pin it! Come and check out my Christmas & Thanksgiving inspired Pinterest boards!