One pan roasted pork tenderloin with sweet potato, pear, apple and garlic… oh, yes! That’s a super long name for a feast in one pan, which can be on your table in 40 minutes. We all need these easy peasy time saving solutions in our lives, especially if they taste as delicious as they sound! And nobody, but you, dear cook, has to know that it was a truly no effort meal – let them enjoy and do the dishes after!
I know a few people, who in fear of overcooking pork try to stay away from having to deal with anything above bacon. Bless… Yes, it is easy to overcook this fairly dense meat and I did it too. With pork tenderloin on the other hand it is not such a big deal really.
If you roast the pork at 338 F (170C) for 7-8 min per every 100g you’ll end up with a lovely and just cooked, equals soft, juicy and flavourful meat everyone will enjoy. For my one pan roasted pork tenderloin with sweet potato, pear, apple and garlic the cooking time and the temperature are the same as for the meat, provided that the veg and fruit is cut into smallish pieces.
Ingredients of the one pan roasted pork tenderloin with sweet potato, pear, apple and garlic
The ingredients of the one pan roasted pork tenderloin with sweet potato, pear, apple and garlic are in a nicely balanced flavour medley, but there is always room for experiments according to your preference. The sweet potato can be replaced with any other potato, carrots or parsnip, turnip or celery root. Add some broccoli for a splash of green, or cauliflower if you like it better.
I wouldn’t compromise or change garlic for onions or leeks though. Roasted garlic cloves with their nutty, buttery and caramel notes really complement any sweetish vegetable, pears or apples and brings this lovely dish together. Remember that garlic, when roasted loses most of its pungency, but retains all of the fabulously complex and rich flavour.
- 1 pork tenderloin - 1lb |16 oz| 450g
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pear, unpeeled, sliced lengthwise into ½ inch thick pieces
- 1 apple, unpeeled, sliced lengthwise into ½ inch thick pieces
- 5 garlic cloves - quartered with wrappers one
- 1 cup sweet potato sliced into 1 inch by ½ inch pieces
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 338 F (170C).
- Coat 9 inch by 9 inch oven pan in olive oil.
- Pat dry your pork tenderloin and brush generously with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle Italian seasoning all around. Place the pork tenderloin in the pan.
- Slice your vegetables and to very small pieces, about ½ garlic clove size works best (don’t peel them, not even garlic), and add them to the pan with the pork.
- Pork tenderloin which weighs 1 lb |16 oz| 450g should be roasted for 28-32 minutes (or 6-7 min per every 0.22 lb|3.5 oz|100g of meat).
- Remove the pork pan from the oven and rest the meat for 5 minutes before slicing to ½ inch pieces and serving with the roasted veg.