Today I have a genius recipe for breakfast of a vegan banana and black garlic smoothie to boost your natural defences and make you feel like you’re on top of the world. What a great way to put a bit of natural super-food goodness in your body! Simply whizz all ingredients together and enjoy the out of this world flavour of this super healthy smoothie. Kids absolutely love it!
This recipe was brought to you by Balsajo Black Garlic
It is commonly known that protein and healthy fats are a base for a healthy smoothie. In this vegan banana and black garlic smoothie recipe banana and cashews have got you covered. I also added some apple for good digestion of anything you are likely to eat later in the day. But the real heroes of this recipe are well known superfoods: chia, flax seeds and my absolute favourite – black garlic.
Vegan Banana and Black Garlic Smoothie is one of the most nutrient dense breakfasts on the planet!
Good, healthy breakfast being the most important meal of a great day is not a myth. Seriously guys, forget all sugar added cereals for breakfast. Go with natural stuff like bananas and berries. Don’t forget to add chia and flax as they are the most nutrient dense, vegan foods you could include in your first meal of a day.
My vegan banana and black garlic smoothie is packed with fiber, calcium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, iron, copper, plus vitamins from several groups! Phew, take a breath now! Here comes black garlic!
Well, of course I wouldn’t skip my best friend! The depth and harmony of black garlic and banana flavour together is something you simply have to try. These two are truly meant for each other and I can’t wait to work on more amazing recipes including both to share on Garlic Matters very soon!
Antioxidant rich black garlic doesn’t only taste great. It also protects your body cells from damage that can occur from exposure to pollution, certain chemicals, smoking and even radiation. It also loves your heart and helps to lower risk of infections, not mentioning some forms of cancer!
Antioxidants rich foods are what keeps our bodies young, healthy and strong, don’t forget about them in your breakfast!
Oh, btw! Here’s a little nugget for you: The riper the banana, the higher the antioxidants content – so don’t throw them out when they start to turn brown! Make some yummy smoothie or this delicious banana bread instead!
Banana and Black Garlic Smoothie notes:
- Banana and black garlic smoothie is a fruit and nut smoothie (as opposed to a green smoothie), therefore in my opinion berries like blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, etc. will do the best job adding to the flavour and making it super tasty for you and your kids.
- This is an easy smoothie recipe, which can really be prepared in no time. This is why I’d encourage you to make it fresh, soon before you’re ready to drink it. If you make it in advance and leave it standing for a while, before too long the chia seeds will absorb the moisture and considerably thicken your smoothie texture. This will lead to having to add a bit more milk, diluting the flavour, increasing the volume and potential waste. Remember: #lovefoodhatewaste
- If you want to make this smoothie ahead of time to take to work, reserve the seeds separately and stir them in right before you’re about to drink your smoothie.
- This smoothie recipe is a fantastic base for all sorts of variations and for a good start to a great day.
Go ahead and treat yourself to some antioxidant packed banana and black garlic smoothie goodness for a quick and healthy breakfast before you head out this weekend for the last minute Christmas shopping.
- 2 Balsajo Black Garlic cloves
- 1 large banana
- 1 apple, cored
- 200 ml coconut milk (or any other plant milk)
- A handful of cashews, toasted taste best (or other nuts like pecans or walnuts)
- 1 teaspoon of flax + 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon maple or agave syrup (or honey, if you’re not vegan)
- Fresh or frozen berries (blueberries, strawberries, blackberries etc.)
- Place all ingredients in a bender and whizz it all to desired consistency. Drink straight away.